SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Calif. (KION) UPDATE: 10/23/21: Ahead of tomorrow's expected storm, Santa Cruz County is issuing evacuation orders that will be in effect 10/24/21 at 8 a.m. for residents living in specific areas near the CZU Lightning Complex burn scar.
Debris flow evacuation order issued for areas in and near the #CZUFire burn scar due to significant storm. Order takes effect 8 a.m. Sunday, October 24th. #KnowYourZone by looking up your address at https://t.co/s5GvnBLmyF.— Santa Cruz County (@sccounty) October 23, 2021
The county lists a number of zones impacted by this evacuation order to be in effect early Sunday morning. Much of the orders are for people living along Highway 9, Highway 236 and for those living in the Swanton, Brookdale, Boulder Creek, Davenport and other portions of Highway 1 beyond Santa Cruz.
Below is a brief description of the areas under the evacuation orders Sunday morning, 10/24/21 at 8 a.m. To look up your specific address be sure to visit the county's Zonehaven Aware page for information relevant to where you or your loved ones live:
- Homes along Highway 9 to Marshall Creek Court and up north, through Boulder creek and Brookdale up to Riverdale Blvd
- Communities along Highway 236 in the Big Basin Area to Boulder Creek. This includes homes West of the Boulder Creek Golf and Country Club and East to River Drive, River Road and Lothian Way
- Hubbard Gulch Road from Highway 9 to Fanning Grade Road
- A small portion at the end of Waldeberg Road
- Highway 9 near Glen Lomond Lane and up North to Willowbrook Drive
- Fall Creek Drive near Felton. This order also includes parts of Farmer Street, Love Street and Felton Empire Road
- Parts of Hillside, Plateau and Laurel Drive
- Redwood Drive from Highway 9 to Oak and Brookside Drive. Pleasant Way is also included in this closure.
- Homes along Smith Grade near Bald Mountain Vineyards
- Highway 1 along Laguna Road. Order also includes Y Creek Road
- Parts of Davenport East of San Vicente Road. This order also includes Old Coast Road.
- Parts of Highway 1 along Davenport Landing Road and all of Davenport Landing Road.
- Highway 1 in the Swanton area and all of Swanton Road from Molino Reservoir Road to Last Chance Road.
- Last Chance Trail area north to Mount Shelby.
- All of Whiteshouse Canyon area, including Whitehouse Canyon Road.
The County of Santa Cruz is issuing evacuation warnings before this weekend's rainstorm. The county says rainfall amounts are expected to exceed debris flow thresholds in the CZU burn scar area.
Here is the list of the zones included in this evacuation warning:
South of Swanton Road
West of Upper San Vicente Road
Northeast of Cement Plant Road and Cabrillo Highway 1
South and East of San Mateo, Santa Cruz County Line
Northeast of Big Basin Way 236
West of Big Basin Way 236
West of San Lorenzo River
East of San Lorenzo River
West of Big Basin Way 236
East of Big Basin Way 236
Big Basin Way, extending to just beyond communities from wester point of fallen leaf dr. to easter point of acorn dr.
South of Midway Ranch Road
West of Boulder Creek
North of Jamison Creek Road
South of Jamison Creek and Boulder Creek
West of 9
Residents can check their zones at the Community Zonehaven website.