Skip to Content

Governor Newsom adds San Benito County to state of emergency

Office of the Governor of California

CENTRAL COAST, Calif. (KION-TV)- UPDATE March 13, 2023, at 12:35 p.m.- Governor Newsom added six more counties to the California State of Emergency to support response and relief efforts due to recent storms.

 San Benito Calaveras, Del Norte, Glenn, Kings, and San Joaquin, join a list of several counties in the state currently in a state of emergency.

President Biden has not added San Benito County to the Emergency Declaration so they are not able to receive Federal aid.

Governor Newsom declares state of emergency for Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties

Governor Gavin Newsom announced a state of emergency for 21 counties ahead of an atmospheric river event expected later this week.

Locally Santa Cruz County and Monterey County were added Wednesday after Newsom declared a state of emergency for 13 counties last week.

San Benito County has been excluded from the state of emergency, even though our weather team says the Lovers Lane area is expected to have a lot of rain.

“The state is working around the clock with local partners to deploy life-saving equipment and first responders to communities across California,” said Governor Newsom. “With more dangerous storms on the horizon, we’ll continue to mobilize every available resource to protect Californians.”

To view the full proclamation, click here.

Article Topic Follows: Top Stories
Author Profile Photo

Ricardo Tovar

Assignment/ Web Manager for KION News Channel 5/46 and Telemundo 23

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KION 46 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content