Skip to Content

Fire in Depot Park started by welding spark

The Santa Cruz Fire Department responded to a fire near Depot Park Tuesday that crews said was started by a welding spark.

The fire department is warning residents about working outdoors in dry windy conditions after the fire.

According to the fire department, the fire was accidental and started from metal fabrication happening in the area.

Battalion Chief Josh Coleman said fire crews responded to fire at 119 Center Street at 3:12 p.m. Tuesday, October 29th.

Crews found a vegetation fire in mixed brush and grass on a hillside below multiple homes.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire within 20 minutes while protecting homeowners nearby.

No homes were damaged.

KION546 News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content