- Practicing family physician
- Electrical engineer
- Father and husband
KION has reached out to Banerjee for more information and is waiting for a response.
- Current District 29 Assemblymember
- Chair of Assembly Judiciary Committee
- Member of Assembly Human Services Committee
- Chair of Select Committee on Coastal Protection and Access to Natural Resources
- Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors
- Vice Chair of California Coastal Commission
- Scotts Valley Unified School District President
- Tech industry attorney
- Naval Postgraduate School professor
- Scotts Valley resident
- Wife: Kathy
- Two adult children
- Age: 63
Stone has acted as a school board member, County Supervisor, Coastal Commissioner and Assemblymember over the past 20 years. He serves as the Chair of the Assembly Judiciary Committee and reviews legislation on issues that include family law, immigration, commercial contracts, court and jury procedures and civil practice and procedure. He also served as the Chair of the Assembly Committee on Human Services during his first term. He said he led policy decisions on child welfare, foster care, developmental disability services, temporary cash assistance and CalFresh Food Benefits.
He said his main priorities continue to be protecting vulnerable Californians and protecting the environment. Stone said he has already been involved in reforms to help foster youth and lead the movement to create a state Earned Income Tax Credit to help bring working families out of poverty. He said he has also advocated for climate change laws and laws to provide clean drinking water.
Read Stone's full candidate statement here.