SALINAS, Calif. (KION) The California Department of Motor Vehicles announced that 25 field office will reopen Friday, and Salinas is on the list.
The office, located at 260 E. Laurel Drive, will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the exception of opening at 9 a.m. Wednesdays.
The office will be open to customers with appointments and transactions that require an in-person visit, but it encourages everyone to use its online services, virtual services and other channels whenever possible. Driving tests that require getting behind the wheel will still be suspended.
Services available at the open offices include:
- Paying registration for a vehicle impounded due to registration-related issues.
- Reinstating a suspended or revoked drivers license.
- Applying for a reduced-fee or no-fee identification card.
- Processing commercial drivers license transactions.
- Applying for a disabled person parking placard.
- Adding an ambulance certificate or firefighter endorsement to a drivers license.
- Verifying a transit training document to drive a transit bus.
- Processing DMV Express customers for REAL ID transactions
All DMV field offices closed March 27 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The DMV also extended all drivers licenses that expire between March 1 and May 31, kept expiring commercial licenses valid through June 30, waived late fees for vehicle registration renewals between March 16 and May 31 and more.