Skip to Content

CalFresh recipients can receive replacement benefits after power outage

Power outages around the state have led many to lose perishable food, but Santa Cruz County residents who receive CalFresh benefits may be eligible for a replacement benefit.

The food bought using CalFresh benefits can be replaced if a household has been without power for at least four hours, according to Santa Cruz County.

To get a replacement, CalFresh recipients need to request it at the local county office within 10 days. To report the loss, recipients are asked to call 1-888-421-8080 or go to a walk-in center at 18 W Beach Street in Watsonville or 1020 Emeline Avenue in Santa Cruz.

Each household can get one benefit replacement as a result of food loss, but CalFresh allows households to request and receive multiple replacements in a month.

Santa Cruz County said it reviews replacement requests on a case-by-case basis.

KION546 News Team


Leave a Reply

Skip to content