SALINAS, Calif. (KION) The Salinas City Elementary School District is taking a step to help parents who are trying to help their children with distance learning.
The district is partnering with Loaves, Fishes & Computers to offer online computer classes to parents in both English and Spanish.
Classes in English will be held from 3 to 4 p.m. on these days:
- Introduction to Chromebook: Sept. 29 and Oct. 29
- Parentsquare: Oct. 1 and Nov. 3
- Creation/Recovery of Email: Oct. 8 and Nov. 5
- How to Use Email: Oct. 13 and Nov. 10
- Browsing the Web: Oct. 15 and Nov. 12
- Google Classroom: Oct. 20 and Nov. 17
- QR Codes and Clever: Oct. 22 and Nov. 19
- Internet Security: Oct. 27
The same classes will be held in Spanish from 6 to 7 p.m. on these days:
- Introduction to Chromebook: Sept. 29, Oct. 20 and Nov. 5
- Parentsquare: Sept. 30, Oct. 21 and Nov. 10
- Creation/Recovery of Email: Oct. 1, Oct. 22 and Nov. 12
- How to Use Email: Oct. 7, Oct. 27 and Nov. 17
- Browsing the Web: Oct. 8, Oct. 28 and Nov. 18
- Google Classroom: Oct. 13, Oct. 29 and Nov. 19
- QR Codes and Clever: Oct. 14 and Nov. 3
- Internet Security: Oct. 15 and Nov. 4
No computer experience is needed to join the classes.
Monterey County is still in the purple tier of the state's Blueprint for a Safer Economy, so schools are not allowed to open for in-person instruction without a waiver. If the county is in the red tier for at least two weeks, schools will be allowed to reopen with approval from health officials.
For more information about how to join the virtual classes, see the flyer in the link here.