MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KION) The Monterey County Office of Education said several schools and districts are cancelling classes due to the River and Carmel Fires.
These schools have issued closures:
- Carmel Unified School District- all in-person and virtual activities canceled for week of Aug. 24-28.
- Early Learning Program sites- all 24 centers closed Monday.
- Spreckels Union School District- First day of school postponed until Aug. 31.
- Washington Union School District- all in-person and virtual activities canceled through Sept. 8.
- King City Union School District- all classes canceled and offices closed Monday.
- Mission Union School District- first day of school postponed until Sept. 2.