SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KION-TV) -- The push for vaccinations goes beyond cash prizes as Governor Gavin Newsom has unveiled an incentive that would provide vaccinated Californians with a dream vacation in the state.
The state is partnering with Visit California for the incentive, which is referred to as "Golden State Getaways."
Here's an example of some of the prizes vaccinated Californians can win:
- See the Giants play in San Francisco
- Enjoy a spa in Palm Springs
- Say hi to Mickey at Disneyland in Anaheim
- Watch the Lakers play in Los Angeles
- Learn to surf in San Diego
The first six winners will be awarded these vacations on July 1. The prizes include hotels, food and entertainment for up to four people.
The governor's office says winners will receive $2,000 for expenses and that all vaccinated Californians 18 and older are automatically entered to win.