Skip to Content
Monterey County
Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

Materials used in AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am recycled

067G2141_01.MP4.09_09_35_25.Still001
KION

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (KION) Venues installed for the 2020 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am were taken down Monday.

Organizers of the tournament said their goal is to re-use and recycle as many materials from the event as possible.

Last year, over 80 tons of building materials were donated to 'Last Chance Mercantile' in Marina. It's there that wood, carpet, laminate and mesh are offered at a discounted price. The same donations are being made after this year's event.

"These are used in the community, rather than going to the landfill. If you look at the total impact, it's nearly half of the tournament waste going to re-use right off the bat," said Blue Strike Environmental Senior Sustainability Program Manager, Alex Baxter.

Organizers said the take down of the tournament is planned out at least four months in advance.

All leftover food from the Pro-Am is donated to the Monterey County Food Bank. Organizers expect two to three tons of leftover food to be collected from concession stands.

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am / News / Top Stories

Megan Meier

Megan Meier is a multi-media journalist at KION News Channel 5/46.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content