MONTEREY COUNTY, Calif. (KION) The Monterey County Free Libraries is set to resume its meal and activity kit distribution Tuesday at its branches in South County.
Over the summer, all of the branches acted as a grab-and-go site for families to pick up a meal pack on a designated day each week.
In addition to the meals, the California State Library is sponsoring activity bags for children.
These are the participating branches and their pick-up times:
- Gonzales Library: Thursdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Greenfield Library: Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- King City Library: Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- San Ardo Library: Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- San Lucas Library: Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Soledad Library: Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The meals and activity bags will be available Sept. 22 through Dec. 20. The meal distribution is part of a partnership with the South Monterey County Joint Union High School District and funding from the California State Library.