Skip to Content
Must-See
Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

Dog knocks over items, starts fire at New Mexico home

LOS ALAMOS COUNTY, N.M. (KION) A video shared by a New Mexico fire department shows just how dangerous it can be to keep combustible items near heaters.

The video shared by the Los Alamos County Fire Department shows "Kahuna" the dog knocking over an ironing board, causing items to land on a heater floor grate and melt.

According to CBS, a fire started about an hour after the ironing board was knocked over.

Firefighters said the dogs got out of the home safely, but recommend that combustible items be placed three feet or more away from heating devices or heat producing appliances.

National-World / News / Top Stories / Video

Avery Johnson

Avery Johnson is the Digital Content Director at KION News Channel 5/46.

Comments

Leave a Reply