Skip to Content
Monterey County

After Greenfield shed fire, police share common heating mistakes during winter months

Greenfield police are warning people about common heating mistakes after a shed fire Sunday night.

The fire department responded to a report of a structure fire in the 400 block of Clifton Court at around 11 p.m. When crews got there, they said they found sheds in the backyard of a home that were fully engulfed in fire.

The fire was put out, no other buildings were damaged and there were no reported injuries.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but police are using the opportunity to share some common heating mistakes that can cause house fires. They include:

Fireplaces without fire screens Dirty chimneys or wood stoves Space heaters that are too close to the wall or fabrics Open flames, including candles Damaged electronics Multiple extension cords connected to each other Christmas trees near heat sources Cooking appliances left on

Police suggest having and regularly testing smoke detectors in homes and having a fire escape plan.

News / Top Stories

KION546 News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content