The McDonald’s HACER® National Scholarship is offering educational opportunities for deserving Hispanic high school seniors in Monterey, Salinas and across the country, and The Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) also has multiple opportunities.
Deserving students can get up to $100,000 for college. The application period is set to close on February 5th, 2020, so applicants are asked to apply soon.
Here are the requirements:
- Must be a current high school senior who is eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school.
- Must be a legal U.S. resident.
- Must be less than 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must be of Hispanic/Latino heritage.
- Hispanic/Latino is an ethnic category, not a racial category; student applicants may be of any race. Applicants must be from a family that came from at least one of these countries/territories: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Spain, Uruguay, or Venezuela.
Click HERE to apply and for more details.
McDonald's says the education gap for Hispanic students in the U.S. is a reality that cannot be ignored. Since 2008, the scholarship has awarded nearly $5 million to support higher education among Hispanic students.
The Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) has also been working with generous individual, family and business donors to help provide scholarship opportunity. The CFMC says more than $1.4 million in scholarship awards is available for Monterey County students.
“These dollars represent a recognition by our community that access to affordable, high quality education for everyone is critical to ensuring students reach their potential,” said Dan Baldwin, CFMC President/CEO.
One application allows students to access up to 45 different scholarship offerings they may qualify for.
Students can apply through the CFMC’s online scholarship system by clicking here.
The deadline to complete an application for the 2020/2021 academic year is Friday, March 15, 2020. Recipients will be announced at the end of April 2020.